Monday 21 September 2015

The Day I Was Almost An Extra In A Ted Baker Photoshoot


Last week my boyfriend and I were off work so decided to take a little trip to a seaside town near us. After much deliberation we finally settled on Scarborough. Even though it's only a 2 hour drive there, I'd never actually been before. When I was little, me and my family always had the tradition of going to Skegness every year and never really strayed away from there. When my boyfriend, Andy, suggested Scarborough, I was excited to explore somewhere new.




Whilst there, we walked around on the sea front and played in the Arcades. We probably spent a ridiculous amount of money on the slot machines, grabbers and one armed bandits, but it's all part of the fun! We also had a stroll onto the pier and sat on a bench to admire the view of the boats and various hotels peaking out through the trees. It was quite a cloudy day so the lighting for photos wasn't great, but it never rained and was quite warm so we had a lovely time.



We walked up and down the front quite a few times. The first time we walked down we went past a cafe called The Harbour Bar, which is like a 60's Diner, that was all closed off because something was being filmed there, we were curious, but carried on walking. When we walked past again a lady stopped me and asked if I wanted to be an extra in what they were filming, but she then realised I had a bandage on my hand (I had a minor operation on Monday 14th September) so she said I wouldn't be able to do it. I was disappointed but didn't really think anything of it. The last time we walked past, there were models having their pictures taken in the window, my boyfriend commented that they looked 'like dolls', which they did! When we got home we googled the name of the cafe and found out what was happening there, it was an 'International Fashion Photoshoot for Ted Baker'. Being a huge lover of Ted Baker I was absolutely devastated, but I guess I shouldn't wallow in the past.


I love this picture and how the light of the sky reflects off the sea/sand.




We walked all the way along the front and came across these cute colourful beach huts, look at those amazing two story ones!

All in all, we had a wonderful day. It was so nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax at the seaside. I would definitely go back in the summer to appreciate Scarborough in all it's sun shining glory!

Becky 
XO

*All pictures were taken using my iPhone 6*

P.S: All links to my social media accounts are to the right of this post. Also, you can follow my blog on Bloglovin', just click the 'B'' to the right or click here.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love Ted Baker! Personally I think they should have still let you be an extra! I hope your hand is okay.
    Aleeha xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, I was so gutted when I found out! I kinda wish I'd never looked what it was for haha. Thank you, it's getting better now :)
      XO

      Delete