Monday 12 October 2015

Stylist Guest Editor Birchbox


It's that time of the month again, Birchbox time! This month there were two boxes to choose from. Option one was 'Back To Basics', this was based around basics that Birchbox felt everyone should own and the second option was this one, the 'Stylist Guest Editor' box. This box includes items that have been hand picked by Birchbox's Stylist's Associate Editor, Joanna McGarry. I decided on this box for the simple reason that I preferred the products in this one as I'd already tried some of the items in the other one. Anyway, without further a-do, here's what my box consisted of this month...


1. When Travelmate Sheet Mask 
This is exactly what it says it is, a sheet mask. It is said to deeply moisturise skin and is especially good for long haul flights and after days in the sun. This is because it will help to bring back moisture to your skin and help restore it to it's former glory. 

2. Bioderma in Sensibio H20
Even though many people rave about Bioderma, I've never actually tried it out before. I'm really looking forward to using this and what makes it even better is that this one is great for sensitive skin.


3. PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Smoothing Blow Out Spray
In a past Birchbox I received a Moisturising Sea Salt Spray by the same brand as this and I really like it so I'm hoping this will be just as good. It has a really lovely smell to it, this is something I think is important for a hair product as scents that you put in your hair can last for a long time. I'm not the best at describing scents but it says in the Birchbox booklet that this has a peachy and woody scent.


4. Rituals Yogi Flow Foaming Gel 
When you first pump this out onto your hand it is a gel but it slowly starts expanding and, when you rub it, it starts turning into a foam (see image above). I like these kind of products because a little goes a long way so it should last quite a while. I have come to find that Rituals products always smell divine and this one certainly doesn't let you down in that area. The scent is Indian Rose and Sweet Almond Oil. 


5. English Laundry No. 7 Signature For Her
I wasn't all that thrilled to see this in my box this month. I do like the scent but I received this in a Birchbox earlier on in the year so it would have been nice to get a different scent or perfume sample. 


6. 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Lip Glaze in Elderberry
Now this is a product I really love. I love the packaging, how it looks on, the feel of it, that it's made from natural ingredients... I could go on. It's formulated with avocado and cocoa butters to help nourish the lips. It's very moisturising when on and the colour is quite buildable.

That's it for my Birchbox this month! If you want to know more, or would like to subscribe to receive a box each month, then just click here. 

Are there any products here that catch your eye? Let me know in the comments!

Becky
XO

Psst... Subscribe to my blog on Bloglovin by clicking the 'B'' icon to the right of this post, alternatively, you can click here.


2 comments:

  1. I keep telling myself I should try Birchbox but I never do! Great post.
    Morgan | The Rad Wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I've been subscribed around 9 months and I've loved every box I've got :)

      Becky
      XO

      Delete